Friday, July 22, 2016

Peacock Card

In my book, you can't just go wrong with a card made with a beautiful peacock.  
This one came together so easily.   The background paper came in a pack of 20 with envelopes for $0.50 in a Staples clearance bin.  The feather background was created with stamps from Fun Stampers Journey and the embellished feathers and the layered peacock were purchased from either JoAnn's or Michael's in a pack for $1.50.  The jewels in the top corners were also included in the Jolee's sticker pack.  I think the dark blue background paper was a package insert.  I rounded 2 corners and swiped some paint across one corner to dull down the design.  I believe what the feathers are stamped on might be a coaster - from Red Robin or Outback Steakhouse or ?, not a heavy duty one but the lightweight paper ones they use at a restaurant.  Hey, I can't remember everything - just most things.  I did this one about 2 years ago but it's still one of my favorites.  I randomly stamped feathers in dark ink, let them dry, covered those with a pale shade of blue paint so that the feathers would barely show through and then stamped the feathers in a random patterni in 2 shades of ink again before adhering the stickered ones.  This one is still in my stash as I haven't been able to part with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment