Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Dylusions–Promised Update

The pink paint – looked so sad when I was done with it.  This is how it ended up, if you saw the prior post, you’ve seen it already.  dylusions2_0Start So it was kind of wet and mushy and cottage cheesey.  All kinds of funky is what I would actually call that!   I knew that the gel medium would revive it back to what I wanted but there needed to be some room in that jar so it wouldn’t have to grow into another jar like my white Dylusions paint.  Since  needed room, I let it sit out and dry out (yes, intentionally) for 4 days on my dining table.

So then this is how it looked after those four (4) days of my impatience:

dylusions2_101926

So I started by adding just a shmear of gel medium to it and then I would thoroughly mix it – like about 5 minutes for each portion of gel medium.  How much is a shmear?  About this much on a plastic palette knife:

dylusions2_102233

So how did my paint look after the first shmear of paint was added in?  I’m glad you asked.  It started coming along nicely:

dylusions2_102418 You can still tell it’s rather choppy looking and doesn’t look like typical Dylusions paints. It looks rather icky.  The feel of it when stirred gets more and more like it should be as you stir it.  But I persisted and this is what I got after 2 shmears of gel medium mixed in:

dylusions2_103738

Then I quit taking pictures after each shmear and decided I’d count and see how many it took to get my paints gorgeous again.  This was at about 5 or 6 shmears fully mixed into the paint and just about how I liked it:

dylusions2_104448

I believe I put in another shmear after that just for good measure but I was pretty happy with it at that point and gave it the old swipe onto the non-stick craft sheet and it looked fine:

dylusions2_104554

So then I thought that I should play with it and see how it worked.  I used baby wipe to smear it into an art journal and that went on smooth and lovely.  I also used it through a stencil onto some linen-textured precut rectangles and it’s as good as new:

dylusions2_105649dylusions2_105208

That’s all there is to it!  I’m thinking about having a giveaway.  I have one extra set of Tim Holtz markers and an extra Stampendous clear stamp set that could use new homes.  But since I don’t have anyone following me blog, I’m not sure who I’d give them to!

No comments:

Post a Comment