Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Yupo Follow-up

So the other day (last week? maybe longer ago?) I posted about using Yupo with Distress Insk to colorize plain old tissue paper.  Showed how to use the ink on the Yupo to preserve the wrinkly inky look and that it would completely lift off the Yupo when dry.  The day that I went to post that I could not find the piece of Yupo that I had been using so had to start with another one to make the photos for my blog post.  I eventually found it under my acrylic blocks.  But by then I had started with the second paper.  The Yupo transfers most of the ink to the tissue paper and just leaves a light stain on the Yupo.  I promised to show that and so here are pix of the 2 pieces of Yupo after being used.  They have a soft muted color but that will probably be inked over or I'll use alcohol inks on them or something.  They are pretty for backgrounds but subtle is not my middle name!!



Same inks used on both papers as they were the only 4 Distress Inkpads that I had out.  When I get more play time I will try other colors as I was inspired to get my box of inkpads out and take it to the table so that it would be within arm's reach the next time I get a play time.  Off to San Diego tomorrow early so don't know when that will be!


No comments:

Post a Comment