Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Playtime

The focal image on this card is my favorite stamp from the starter kit.  I also really love the color of the ink.  This is Blue Lagoon True Fusion ink (item no. IP-0002).  The pads sell for $7.95.   I wasn't sure whether I'd like the inks but it's nice knowing that they work on just about any surface, no having to guess or switch between different pads.  They combine the ease and quick-drying features of dye ink with the durability of pigment ink.  Two of the 44 available colors are pigment inks (whip cream - item no. IP-0009 and butter cream - item no. IP-0031).  The True Fusion ink does need to be heatset on non-porous surfaces (like glossy cardstock, items besides paper).


The background was made by squirting tiny amounts of alcohol inks onto a non-stick craft sheet, then taking glossy cardstock facedown swirled thru the inks.  I stamped some swirls (can't remember which ones but don't we all have swirl stamps in our stash!) in black ink on the lower panel and the sentiment was stamped on another piece of cardstock that had the alcohol inks on it.  My next blog post will share some experiments I did with hardware store paste as the big box stores near me didn't have any of the trending texture/modeling pastes so I bought similar (less expensive) ones at Lowe's and got out all my stencils.  You will see that the cards I made don't have much stamping on them but the playtime was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment